SCA-PDPA-001 ANNEX A
EFFECTIVE DATE : 1 November 2018
LAST UPDATED : 1 November 2018
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Singapore Cricket Association (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal information of individuals in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal information in our possession or under our control, including personal information in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal information for our purposes.
- As used in this Notice:
“personal information” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
“individual” means a person who (a) registers with us as a player, coach, match official representative of a club or association or a volunteer; (b) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any product, events or services we provide; (c) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any cricket related services by us; or (d) is employed by us.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal information which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC number or other national identification number (where permitted under law), residence status information such as employment/work passes, dependents passes & student passes, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and information for financial transactions, such as bank account information for fund transfers.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- When you provide your personal information to us directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal information to us, you hereby consent to our collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information in the manner set out under this Notice. We will generally collect your personal information for the specified purposes set out in Clause 5 and/or Clause 6 when you:
- voluntarily interact with and submit information to any of our staff;
- participate in any league tournament, cricket competition or coaching academy that require you to provide information about yourself to us;
- are trained, certified or otherwise engage with us as a coach, umpire and/or scorer;
- join our employment;
- engage with us as a third party service provider to support our activities;
- wish to provide your services as a volunteer to us;
- use or access our website;
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- attend or participate in any event organized by us; or
- engage and/or interact with us for any other incidental purposes related to or in connection with the above.
- We may collect and use your personal information for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) Performing obligations in the course of or in connection with services pertaining to the organization and control of the game of Cricket in accordance with prevailing rules and conditions stipulated;
(b) Verifying your identity;
(c) Responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) Managing your relationship with us;
(e) Processing payment transactions;
(f) Sending you information about our services including notifying you of our events, initiatives and promotions;
(g) Complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(h) Transmitting any relevant personal information to unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes, including the ICC, ACC, SportsSg) (collectively referred to as “Third Parties”) for the purposes set out under Clause 6 below;
(i) facilitating and/or organizing cricket (or other related) events, leagues, or tournaments;
(j) promotional and publicity purposes, including recording or taking photographs of participants / attendees at cricket (or other related) events, leagues, or tournaments organized by or participated by us; and
(k) Any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
- We may disclose your personal information to Third Parties for one or more of the following purposes:
- Where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the services requested by you;
(b) Where we require the Third Party to perform any of the functions listed in Clause 5 above for us or any other services ancillary to our services; or
(c) Where such disclosure is required for maintaining our website; or
(d) For the purposes of sharing player profile information with other cricket associations or other stakeholders around the world to promote the sport of cricket.
- Subject to Clause 18 and Clause 19, you acknowledge that there may be circumstances where the purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you), and accordingly, you consent to our continued use and/or disclosure of your personal information for those purposes for such reasonable period of time thereafter.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- You may withdraw consent and request for us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal information for any or all of the purposes listed above in Clause 5 and/or Clause 6 by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our services to you as a result of your withdrawal of your consent.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal information where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal information which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal information, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal information which we hold about you, you may submit your request to us in the following ways:
- by delivering it to the secretary or the Data Protection Officer of the SCA; or
- by leaving it at, or by sending it by pre-paid post to, the business address of the SCA; or
- by sending an email to the Data Protection Officer of the SCA at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request. Please note that there may be circumstances under which we are unable to provide you with any personal information or to make a correction requested by you due to requirements under law.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal information by us, and disclosing personal information both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You represent and warrant that the personal information provided to us (whether by you directly or through your authorized representative) is true and accurate. In order to ensure that your personal information is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal information by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal information, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal information was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
- We generally do not transfer your personal information to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal information continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA. Where the third party resides in a country with data protection laws that are comparably weaker than that of Singapore’s, we will ensure that such third party adheres to a standard of protection of your personal information that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA by imposing such obligations and requirements on the third party under a contract.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal information protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request you may contact:
Name of DPO: Ms Alicia Puan Contact email: email@example.com
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by us.
- We may from time to time update this Notice to ensure that it is in line with any future developments in the sport of cricket and/or changes in the regulatory requirements. We will notify you of any material changes to our Notice through our website and/or through electronic mail notification. You agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Notice as updated from time to time should you access our website and/or provide us with your personal information through the website after we have notified you of these changes. If you do not wish to comply with any updated terms of our Notice, then please do not use our website and/or provide us with your personal information through the website.